Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Shall Not Fear

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident. Psalm 27:1-4

David is the writer of most of the Psalms. A Psalm is like a song. They were written to either express joy or praise to Almighty God or to express distress and dependence on God. In this song, David is going through a time of persecution by King Saul and he is crying out to God who is his light and his salvation. He recognizes that God is the One who gives him strength and that he should not fear anything man can do to him. Though David is going through his time of trial and persecution, he acknowledges that when his enemies came against him to harm him or kill him, God gave him the victory and fought on his behalf. He proceeds to tell the Lord that though an army may encamp against him, his heart will not fear – no matter what the enemy throws at him, he will stand firm and not fear – though war may rise against him, in this he is confident. David is confident that God is with him to protect him and fight for him even when he is outnumbered and everyone is against him.

As Christians, we find ourselves in situations where we have to call on God as David did. We have to encourage ourselves and remind ourselves that we serve a mighty God. That He is the one that fights our enemies; He fights our battles and puts our enemies under our feet. He is the One who gives us strength to keep going when our hearts are fainting and weak. He gives us strength when we feel we can’t go any more and our hearts are battered. He gives us strength when we don’t have the strength to lift our hands to Him and worship. He sends His angels to minister to us and He gives us new strength. Praise God!! We must say that we are confident that no matter what the enemy throws at us or what army of demonic influence is surrounding us, our God will deliver us and fight for us! Though war may rise against us, we must be confident that God is ever faithful and He will fight for us and protect us. Hallelujah!!!

Heavenly Father,
I thank You because You are my light and my salvation. Of whom shall I fear? You are always with us, fighting for us like a Mighty Giant. You protect us and cover us and You let us know when danger is near. Father, I thank You for this word because we need to remind ourselves sometimes, who is the God that we serve. We need to remind ourselves that we need not be afraid because You are with us. We need to be reminded that You fight all of our battles and it is You who gives us the strength to continue forward in this walk. It is You who loves and cares for us, that no matter what enemy rises up, You will give us the victory. We worship and praise You Almighty God because You are awesome and wonderful are Your works.
In Jesus name
Amen

0 comments: