Tuesday, November 4, 2008

He will Hide You

One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. Psalm 27:4-6

The psalmist David continues in this Psalm to express his desire and his joy for the Lord. In these verses he tells the Lord, he only wants to seek his face. His desire is only to be in His presence so that he can behold His beauty and to inquire of Him in His sanctuary. He goes on to acknowledge that in times of trouble or distress, God is his hiding place. The Lord will hide him in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle and set high upon a rock or far away from the trouble. God will lift up his head above his enemies and he will offer sacrifices of praise! He will rejoice, sing, worship and praise Almighty God in his time of trouble!

As it relates to us, when we are battling against the wiles of the enemy, when we are struggling to keep our heads above water, we must remember that our desire is for the Lord. Our desire is to be in His house, to be in His presence, to inquire of Him and to behold His beauty. We must remember that He will hide us under His wings when we seek Him in our secret place where we meet with him. He will lift our heads high above our enemies. Our joy should be in the Lord. We ought to praise Him and sing to Him even when we are going through adversity and waiting on Him to bring us through! We know that He will, but as humans we tend to want what we want when we want it, and our time is not God’s time. So we forget that God is the one that sets high upon the rock. We forget that He has us in the palm of His hand, and yes, we forget what He has promised us when our eyes are on the circumstance rather than on Him. Let us remember who is with us, who fights our battles, and who protects us when we go through various adversities. Let us bring sacrifices of joy when we want to cry, let us rejoice when we are sad, let us praise and worship our Almighty God who gives us the strength to persevere!! Let’s not forget His faithfulness and His mercy on us and praise Him with all that we are.

0 comments: