Friday, November 7, 2008

He has Overcome the World!!

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Whoever said that life would be a bed of roses once you got saved lied. It’s that simple. They lied. Jesus is very clear on what the life of a Christian entails. Prior to this verse, in chapter 15, Jesus tells His disciples that the world will hate them, and that they would be persecuted and these things they would suffer for His namesake. In the beginning of chapter 16, He tells them that they would be put out of synagogues and that those who would kill them would think they were doing the work of God.

So now in verse 33 of chapter 16, Jesus consoles them by telling them (I’m paraphrasing in plain English) I told you all of this so that you would find peace in Me. In the world you will suffer, you will go through trials and tribulations, you will endure pain, and you will be laughed at, mocked, spit on, beaten, and tormented – but cheer up! Don’t let it get you down and take your focus off of me because I overcame the world! I suffered all those things so that you would have peace. I went through it all and overcame therefore you also can overcome!

You may think how can I have peace when you’re telling me that I will have to suffer? You can find peace in Jesus because He will give you the strength to endure it and persevere! You will not and are not suffering alone! He is right there with you and He already endured it so He can give you the strength to be of good cheer and find peace in Him. Praise God!!!

Lord Jesus,
We thank You because You overcame the world and have endured the things that we must endure and probably worse and are still and always will be the Victorious One. You have already won the war and have the victory and through You we too are victorious conquerors because You have strengthened us to endure. If there is anyone of us today who may not feel Your peace or feel victorious, as we will feel because we are human and cannot see the victory because of our sorrow, Lord I ask You to give them a double portion of strength and perseverance to continue pressing forward in You until that day when we will see You face to face and hear You say, well done my good and faithful servant. We long for the day we will see you face to face and to behold Your glory. I pray that You strengthen each and every one of us on this day, that we be found worthy of the call on our lives by You. In Your name we pray,
Amen!

0 comments: