Sunday, November 23, 2008

He is with you in the Valley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4

It is so comforting and encouraging to know that when we are going through the darkest times of our lives, God is with us. Not only is He with us but He comforts us, He strengthens us, He fills us with His peace. It is an amazing thing to go through something that without Jesus would crush you to the point of despair, yet you feel perfect peace because your mind is stayed on Him and He is with you. We should remember this verse in times of trouble, adversity, trials, loneliness, despair, and discouragement. Though I walk through the valley, the desert, where there is no refreshment, through seasons of dryness and despair, I will fear no evil because You are with me. I will not fear the adversity, the loneliness, the length of time it takes to get across the desert. I will not fear what the enemy would try to throw in my way to discourage me. I will not fear those who murmur against me and try to tear me down. I will not fear the bill collectors and the rent that is due. I will not fear the sickness that is trying to attack and overtake my body. I will not fear anything that comes against me, the stumbling blocks, the mountains and the giants. I will not fear because You are with me. You are my rock and my fortress, Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. I can lean You and You support me. When I’m tired and thirsty, You give me rest and quench my thirst. When I can’t go on, You give me strength to fly on eagle’s wings. When I am depressed, lonely, confused, and discouraged, You give me joy, peace, companionship, and motivation. You remind me that You are with me, that You are my strength. You remind me that You will not leave me nor forsake me. You remind me that I am not alone but You are right next me, feeling every pain I feel, crying every tear I cry, it is You that carries me when I can go no more. Oh praise God for His infinite love and mercy! Thank you Lord for Your comfort and peace! Thank you Lord for always being there when we think no one is! /Thank You Lord for sustaining us in the valley of the shadow of death! When death would pursue us, You encourage us to press forward and give us life. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness! You are awesome Father and we worship You this morning and give You glory. We love You with all that is within us. Let us take a moment to reflect on those times when God was closest to us and how He brought us through.

0 comments: