Wednesday, November 5, 2008

He will not Leave You nor Forsake You

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.” Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take care of me. Psalm 27: 7-10

What an awesome word!! You may have noticed that the last two devotionals were about this same chapter of the book of Psalms. Tomorrow I will send out the last one on this chapter.

David knew how to pour out his heart to God! The Bible says that David was a man after God’s own heart and when you read the Psalms he wrote, you can see why. In these verses David pleads with God to hear him when he cries out to him and have mercy on him and answer him. He reminds God that when He told him to seek His face, his heart answered and said yes! Your face Lord I will seek! His pleading continues asking God not to hide His face from him and not to turn him away in anger. This makes me think that David perhaps did something that did not please God and he is repentant of what he did and is pleading with God for forgiveness even though He already did. He says God has been his help. He’s asking the God of his salvation not to leave him nor forsake him and acknowledges that when his father and mother are not longer with him or when they leave him, the Lord will take care of him. Praise God!!

There are times when we feel that God doesn’t hear our prayers and we examine ourselves and ask ourselves what are we doing wrong? What did we do that displeased God? Perhaps we haven’t done anything but still feel that God does not hear us. We must do as David did and cry out to God to hear us! Of course God is not deaf to our cries but when we cry out to Him it is an expression of our deepest desire and desperation. That desire and desperation is for Him. Many times I have cried out and asked God not to leave me even though I know He won’t but as a human being we feel alone sometimes and need that assurance. How wonderful that God provides that assurance in His word. Sometimes we ask God for forgiveness and He forgives us but we keep reminding ourselves of what we’ve done and think that God is far from us because of it. Dear brethren, when God forgives us, He forgets our transgressions; we are the ones who don’t forget and the enemy takes advantage of that to accuse us. In those times we must remember that God is our help and our salvation! He is always there to help us when we call on Him. He is our salvation! When we were lost without a clue about the life and sin we were living in and without a savior, He provided THE SAVIOR, the only One who claim that title. When our friends and families turn their backs on us, because of what we believe, or because they don’t understand us, or for whatever reasons that people turn away from each other and abandon one another, remember: THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF US!!!! Praise God!!! I hold tight to that word, that no matter who turns their back on me, God will never turn His back on me. He will take care of me. Glory to God!!

0 comments: