Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If You Believe

Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” John 11:40

Those are powerful words! This question which is more like a statement was asked of Martha after her brother Lazarus died. Prior to this question, Jesus had told Martha that her brother would live and naturally she assumed that He was talking about the resurrection of the saints. She had not fully understood that her brother’s death was to glorify God and bring others to faith in Jesus Christ. She did not know that Jesus was talking about literally resurrecting her brother at that moment. It must have blown her mind to see her brother walk out of that tomb very much alive!

There is nothing impossible for God; the key is to believe it. Do you believe?
Let me tell you a short story that will motivate you to believe the impossible is possible if you just believe. Recently, I received answers to two very important petitions I had before the Lord. One of them was to one day see the son I had given up 19 years ago and the other was for the salvation of my husband. Over the years I had imagined how things would play out. I knew that I would see my son and that my husband would be saved. I believed it with all my heart. What I didn’t know was when and how it would happen. In August of this year I got the double whammy! The double portion, the double blessing, two gifts at once, however you want to call it, I got it! My son, who had been looking for me, found me, received me, and is now home with us, and my husband had a true encounter with the Lord and received salvation. A week prior to my son contacting me, my husband took a step of faith and gave his life to the Lord and it is his testimony that the way that God orchestrated the reunion between my son and I, has reaffirmed his faith. He saw the glory of God in how it came about. It is amazing just thinking about how it all happened but the point of this story is that if you believe you will see the glory of God! Praise the Lord!!

There are times when doubt will try to infiltrate our minds and hearts when we are believing God for the impossible or what seems to be the impossible. Doubt will try to weasel its way into our minds when we are believing God for something we’ve been waiting a long time for but when that happens, when that weasel tries to make you falter in your faith, reject and rebuke those doubtful thoughts and remember that if you believe, you will see the glory of God.

Heavenly Father,
We thank You for the many blessings You have bestowed upon us. We ask You Lord to strengthen our faith and help us to believe the impossible so that we would see Your glory. Jesus help us to overcome when fear and doubt attack our lives and try to make us waver in our faith. Help us to stand firm and hold fast to our faith that we may be like the palm tree that bends but is never uprooted in the storm. Let us see Your glory Lord.
In Jesus mighty name,
Amen

1 comments:

Jessie said...

God is awesome and I saw thatfirst hand through your reunion with your son :) Love ya!