Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Soar Like an Eagle

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:1-5

This is one of my favorite Psalms. It expresses the gratitude that is in my heart for all the Lord has done for me. When I am going through a trial, I think of the first verse and tell myself, regardless of what my surroundings look like, I must bless the Lord with all my soul. I can’t forget where He brought me from, all that He’s done for me, how He placed my feet upon a rock. Some of us were born and raised in the church and that in itself is a blessing, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t experience things that people who weren’t raised in the church experience. For this reason we cannot forget all His benefits. We can’t forget how He saved us, washed us, restored us, healed us, gave us a new name. We cannot forget these things because though we are saved and Holy Ghost filled, we are human; and as humans we are prone to imperfection. We are prone to forget the good things God has done for us. We are prone to forget that because He loved us, we should love others. We are prone to forget that He who called us is faithful to deliver us from anything and everything. You see, we forget sometimes that God is with us when we are struggling. We forget that He is with us when we fall and don’t know how to get back up. He is right there with His hand stretched out saying get up, I got you. When I think about that it fills me with awe, gratitude, and amazement that God is so patient with His children. I would’ve lost patience with myself a long time ago, but God is not impatient. He continues to love us, lead us, correct us, and mold us into the people He has chosen us to be; a holy nation and a royal priesthood. That is who we are to Him. He forgives our sins; He heals our bodies, souls, and minds. He redeems us from the price we should have paid for our sin. He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies! He is awesome!!! He is ever loving and merciful towards us, even when He is correcting us; He does it with mercy and love. Hallelujah!!!

Bless the Lord Oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name!! Glory to God!! I get excited when I think about what He’s done for me. He gives us good things and when we are tired and weary from the battle and the struggling, He gives us strength to fly like eagles. The word says He satisfies our mouth with good things so that our youth is renewed like the eagle’s. God is just amazing! To renew us like the eagle is to strengthen us so that we can continue will full force like the eagle when he soars in the sky. There will be days when we will soar in the glory of the Lord. When we will be so high and full of Him, that we may think nothing can touch us and we praise Him. But there will be days when we will be weary and we will have to battle and on these days we need to praise Him even more because He is the one that renews our youth in those times. Praise be to God Almighty!!

0 comments: